Remote Learning Support Quick Info
- Free for students grade 6-12
- Time: Tuesdays & Thursdays 10am-2:30pm
- September 15 - May
We know Remote Learning isn't ideal...For most students and families, it's an unfortunate and complicated challenge.
THERE IS HELP.
To help meet a significant need in our community, The Center for Whitley County Youth is excited to offer a Remote Learning Support Hub (RLS) for a limited number of students Grades 6-12. This opportunity will be available for families that choose remote learning through their local school system. The Center wants to be a support system for schools, families, and students during this difficult time. Two days a week, RLS is open for students to come as needed. They will receive adult support and supervision, incentives for academic effort, and even some fun! Our goal is to have an effective adult to student ratio, but we will not be able to offer 1:1 tutoring or to handle specific IEP needs. Plans are in place to manage group size, physical distancing, and sanitation processes to comply with COVID guidelines! Registration is required and spots are limited!
- Reliable WiFi Access
- Homework Help
- Structured and Safe Learning Space
- Positive Adults
- Limited Group Size & Physical Distancing
RLS is NOT:
- A School
- A Daycare
- Able to Provide Transportation
- Affiliated with Any School District
Important to Know:
- When RLS is open, students can arrive and leave as needed with no same day re-entry
- No lunch will be provided
- Concessions available for purchase
- One free healthy snack per visit
- Physical distancing and masks will be required
- To manage group sizes, a weekly sign-up is required. A weekly email will be sent to registered households
- RLS takes place at 201 W Market St. Columbia City, IN 46725. Use Door 1 across from City Hall.